Royal Voluntary Service (National)
Address: Royal Voluntary Service Beck Court Cardiff Gate Business Park CARDIFF CF23 8RP
Tel: 0845 608 0122 Monday to Friday: 8am - 6pm
- To help build communities where diverse individuals and organisations work together in a socially inclusive society.
- To help people maintain their independence and dignity in their homes and communities, particularly in later life.
- To be dedicated to tackling social isolation or deprivation in communities throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
- Work in hospitals - Our shops, cafes and trolleys serve patients, staff and visitors - and raise funds for equipment, plus help support their volunteers and work in the community.
- Community services - helping people to stay active in their community by providing places to meet and make friends, and transport to get them there.
- In the home - helping older and housebound people lead full and active lives, offering them friendly support when they need it. Including meal delivery, home library services, home from hospital, good neighbour schemes and assisted shopping.
- Emergency services - giving professional support to the blue-light services and the public in emergency situations, such as floors, fires, rail disasters and evacuations. On call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The armed forces - RVS works in partnership with the army to support single soldiers in Britain and abroad. Funded by the Ministry of Defence, they employ 31 Service Welfare Offices in the UK, and 40 other attached to army units throughout the world. They run on-site recreation clubs, offer a listening ear and provide practical help to soldiers who may be far from family and friends.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.
Located in: Listing