UK Development Charity for Disabled Sailing.
- To develop sailing clubs & organisations so that they are accessible with trained people and suitable boats supporting regular sailing opportunities.
- To this end RYA Sailability is committed to increasing opportunities, variety and choice for people with disabilities in sailing throughout the UK.
- Promoting awareness - to make people with disabilities aware of the sailing opportunities and facilities that are available.
- Liaising with clubs - national network of RYA Sailability representatives and a 'disability audit' service to clubs wishing to develop their services.
- Promoting technology - support of advances in technology in the adaptation of existing boats for the use of people with disabilities.
- Demonstrating excellence - the establishment of a centres for training and research, to show clubs how people with disabilities can participate in their activities.
- Promoting competition - creating integrated racing based on Portsmouth Yardstick handicapping, as well as separate racing within classes of disabilities.
- Representing people with disabilities - annual seminar for members to convey their views to the RYA, the Government, funding agencies and major international sporting organisations.
- Helping other agencies - maintenance of a database of agencies that provide for people with disabilities and supply guidance for commercial organisations about best practice, conduct disability audits and award official RYA Sailability accreditation.
Cost: Price of sailing services vary depending on location, contact office for further information.
Local Groups: List of regional sites available on request from national organisation.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.