SANE Services provide emotional support and specialist information to anyone affected by mental illness, including families, friends and carers. One-to-one support is provided through our helpline and email services.
Aims: To offer advice and support for people with mental health problems, their family, friends and carers.
- Operating a national mental health helpline (SANEline) providing information and support for people with mental health problems and those who support them. This service is available from 6pm-11pm everyday of the year, including Christmas Day, New Year and all other public holidays.
- Offers support and reassurance in times of crisis.
- The email support service (SANEmail) provides vital on-line support to people who may find talking about their mental health problems difficult, or who perhaps cannot use a telephone because of a disability.
- Gives information to enable callers/emailers to make informed decisions and puts callers/emailers in touch with services in their local area.
- Provides details of medical and psychological treatments.
- Providing information on illnesses and symptoms, local and national mental health services, medication, treatments and therapies.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.