Stroke Association House
Support organisation for people who have had strokes & their families.
- To provide practical support for people who have had a stroke, their families and carers.
- To campaign, educate and inform, in order to increase knowledge of stroke at all levels of society.
- To prevent strokes by informing the public how to reduce the risk of stroke.
- To be concerned with combating stroke in people of all ages.
- Telephone helpline.
- Network of regional centres, providing an education, training and information service.
- Volunteers working to improve the communication skills of people who have had strokes.
- Emotional support and advice to families of people who have had strokes, and to people affected by stroke who are living alone.
- Funding and promoting research, including research into prevention, treatment and better methods of rehabilitation.
- Helps stroke patients and their families directly through its community services. These include dysphasia support, family support, information services and welfare grants.
- Campaigns, educated and informs in order to increase knowledge of stroke at all levels of society and acts as a voice for everyone affected by stroke.
Local Groups: Contact organisation for details.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.