The Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia Support Group
The HSP Support Group helps people diagnosed with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia (also known as Familial Spastic Paraparesis). It is a UK based Registered Charity and was started as a 'self-help' group in 1989.
Aims: The group aims to encourage and support members and to assist research. We have recently provided grants to teams researching aspects of the condition and we regularly publish information about HSP and the Group to our members.
The Group provides various ways for members to keep up-to-date and communicate with each other:
- An Annual General Meeting featuring lectures by HSP Specialists
- Regional meetings are held twice a year in some of our regions
- A newsletter published to our members quarterly
- A telephone and email helpline offering advice and support to our members
- A library of information articles on HSP
- Grants are provided to members to help with the purchase of mobility aids
- Research grants are provided in support of projects researching aspects of the condition
- An email discussion group system allows members to share information and experiences
Membership: Contact the organisation for further details and current fees.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.