The Signalong Group
Signalong is committed to empowering children and adults with impaired communication to understand and express their needs, choices and desires by providing vocabulary for life and learning.
- Greater fulfilment of potential.
- Greater independence.
- Reduction in disturbed and challenging behaviour.
- Improvement in self-esteem.
- Improved relationships.
The Signalong Group strives to achieve this by:
- Developing and promoting augmentative communication (manual signs, symbols, picture resources).
- Researching and publishing sign vocabulary.
- Developing appropriate language resources for children with special needs.
- Providing resources to assist literacy and education.
- Teaching communication techniques to anyone living or working with people with impaired communication.
- Working with other organisations and individuals in this field.
- Freely offering advice to parents and professionals.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.