Touch Trust UK
Touch Trust is a charity which offers daily creative movement education programmes for people of all ages with complex needs.
Provides creative, touch-based art of movement and dance programmes for individuals affected by Autistic Spectrum Disorders, behaviour that challenges and profound and multiple disabilities.
Music, dance, movement and touch as an aid to life development.
Touch Trust Mission statement:
- Advocate for the development of an inclusive community through the provision of creative movement opportunities for those often denied access to the arts
- Developing and promoting life-long learning, education and self-development within a creative and nurturing environment
- Training, development, research and outreach activity in adapted creative movement programmes for individuals with autism, profound and multiple disabilities and challenging behaviour
Touch Trust Sessions:
- The initial success of the Touch Trust programme has been achieved through a simple structure, which provides security and safety for guests to explore their own sounds and movements in a person-centred, nurturing and supportive environment
- A typical session is led by trained session leaders and involves relaxation through touch, massage and personal interaction and an exploration of sounds, movement and dance using a variety of music and lighting to create a joyful, enlivened and positive atmosphere
- Touch Trust nurtures the development of its Guests through praising all of their achievements, with the belief that 'where they are is right'
Touch-Based, Creative Movement Education and Dance Programme Promotes:
- Self-esteem and wellbeing
- Group awareness
- Self expression through authentic movement
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.