TSA (Tuberous Sclerosis Association)
Support group offering advice and financial help to people with TSC.
Aims: To promote greater understanding of the condition and provide mutual support for affected families.
- Support and advice by telephone or visit.
- TSC specialist advisers.
- Benevolent Fund - available where there is a special need for equipment or other help which is not fully covered by other services or allowances.
- Adult services, which includes organising weekends away.
- Family Fun Days - held every year where the emphasis is on complete families relaxing together.
- Research Projects and conferences investigating the causes and management of TSC.
- Annual meetings to which members, friends and professionals are invited to hear specialists talk about the condition and associated topics and where they can exchange news and views with other families.
- The TSA can provide further information on scientific research into TSC.
Local Groups: Much of the country is covered by a network of regional representatives who have personal experience of TSC and offer local support. Regional Meetings - From time to time speakers are invited to address local groups. At other times more informal get togethers are arranged.
Membership: Open to anyone, apply for details.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.