Supporting people with learning disabilities who have experienced crime or abuse and supporting their families, carers and professional workers.
- To support people with learning disabilities who have been abused, their families, carers and professionals.
- To work for changes in the criminal justice system.
- To press for changes in courtroom procedure to make the legal system more accessible to people with learning disabilities.
- A telephone helpline is available to people with learning disabilities, who have been abused, and their families.
- Provide an advocacy service, where appropriate, for those who have been abused.
- Work for changes in the law.
- Co-ordinate Patient Contact Points (PCP's). (Parents whose own son or daughter has been abused, who now with training, help other parents).
- £8.00 - unwaged.
- £20.00 - individual/family.
- £50.00 - professionals.
- £250.00 - corporate.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.