Xeroderma Pigmentosum Support Group
Xeroderma Pigmentosum (XP) is a rare genetic disorder that causes extreme sensitivity to the sun's ultraviolet rays. XP has been identified in people of every genetic group all over the world. There are about 100 cases in the UK many of which are undiagnosed.
- To relieve the needs of persons with xeroderma pigmentosum and related conditions and their families.
- To provide non-medical people in the UK with good quality information about health and disease.
- Raises funds for research.
- Gives grants for UV protective equipment and products.
- Assists families to attend 'Camp Sundown' or respite in a protective environment.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.