Yateley Industries Ltd
Yateley industries provides a contract packing/assembly service for several local businesses, using specialised packing and cutting machines for shrink wrapping hardware.
- To modernise their current operation so as to provide better training and employment for people with disabilities.
- To sustain and increase the opportunities for people with disabilities in rewarding employment, both in their workshops and mainstream, with an occupation that enables a disabled person to contribute to society through work.
- To help employees gain personal satisfaction from the activity, to develop knowledge, skills and to receive sufficient income to meet living and social needs.
- Projects include packing hair care products, assembling vehicle lighting components and small motor parts, bottling glue, labelling CDs and mail shots.
- Training for the above is carried out in their workshops on an ongoing basis. Additionally Farnborough Technology runs a course designed for people with special needs and they ensure that their residents take full advantage of all these.
- The workshop operates from 9am until 4pm with a 1 hour break (30 hrs/wk). The offices are open from 8:30am to 5pm.
- Yateley Industries work within the Workstep Programme, training and helping staff to find/enter mainstream employment.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.