YoungMinds is the UK's leading charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.
- To improve life chances for children and young people at risk of and experiencing difficulties with mental and emotional health.
- To achieve better outcomes for parents and families who engage with children's mental health services.
- To promote the good mental health and emotional well-being of all children.
- Our popular and highly rated parents helpline provides a free and confidential service to thousands of parents and carers each year who are worried about the emotional problems or behaviour of a child or young person. The telephone service is supported by a specialist call back service, email and online support through our parent's forum.
- We produce an essential range of accessible publications in an easy to read format about children and young people's mental health and well being.
- We provide training, research, evaluation and specialist support services to statutory and voluntary sector agencies across the UK.
- Deliver awareness raising programmes in schools and training for teachers about children and young people's emotional development and mental health.
- Published bi-monthly, YOUNGMINDS Magazine provides mental health and children's professionals with the latest news, features, research, practice and opinions affecting children and young people's mental health and wellbeing.
- Work with a group of 25 children and young people aged 11-24, representing young people across the country who advise YoungMinds on its policy and campaign objectives and advise lead politicians and policy makers, and campaign for emotional wellbeing for all.
Membership: To become a member or find out more information visit the website.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.