Tel: 01924 377 740
Minicom: 01924 377 310
Fax: 01924 377 090
The Art House is a unique national membership organisation established to create equality of opportunity for disabled and non-disabled visual artists and craftspeople.
- The Art House's prime aim is to build purpose-built studio and workspace that is accessible to all and supported by technicians, enabling artists with and without disabilities to work alongside each other on equal terms. The new workspace in Wakefield provides long and short term accessible and supported space for visual artists.
- They aim to be a facilitator, enabling artists to take up opportunities or gain experience that will strengthen their practice in the arts.
- They create projects in which artists can participate.
- The Art House also delivers an ongoing programme of events and training for members and non-members, all fully accessible and designed in consultation with artists themselves.
- The Art House represents the interests of artists, and disabled artists in particular, to funders, galleries, venues and others. They encourage good access in galleries through the web-based Good Gallery Guide - www.goodgalleryguide.com.
Becoming a member of The Art House will give you:
- Opportunities to take part in projects, residencies and exhibitions.
- A monthly Opportunities Bulletin listing work, exhibition and grant opportunities.
- A regular newsletter with news and features.
- Your own pages on The Art House website.
- Advice and information on areas of interest to artists, especially disabled artists.
- Training and mentoring opportunities, enabling artists to develop their professional skills and knowledge.
Please contact for current membership fees.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.