Carr House Wesley Methodist Church,
Off St James Street
Tel: 01302 769 898
Fax: 01302 769 898
Eligibility: Older people, unable to leave home without support or help.
Referral: By telephone, email, fax or via post.
Cost: nominal membership fee (contact for current fee).
The scheme was established in 2000 offering services and support to help people maintain independence while offering companionship, trusted support and advice needed.
The scheme aims to assist older people to maintain independence improve confidence levels and to maintain or introduce skills/interests.
- Befriending Service - Regular one to one contact with personalised matched volunteer
- Friendship Meetings - An opportunity for members to meet on a regular basis at Woodlands or Hyde Park
- Telephone Link Line - A member of staff or a volunteer will telephone to chat on a regular basis
- Sign Posting - Direction to members to other service providers
- Newsletter - All members receive a quarterly newsletter with input from staff, members and volunteers.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.