Aid for Children with Tracheostomies
Tel: 01823 698398
Aid for Children with Tracheostomies is a national self help group operating as a registered charity. It was founded in May 1983 and is run by parents of children with a tracheostomy and by people who sympathise with the needs of such families. ACT, as an organisation is non-profit making; it links groups and individual members throughout Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The membership is diverse comprising families who have a child with a tracheostomy, plus consultants, doctors, nurses, speech therapists and physiotherapists, health visitors, fund-raisers and sympathisers.
- To give encouragement, support and practical advice to parents of a child with a tracheostomy.
- To raise funds to buy essential equipment which is not always readily available in all areas of the country. This equipment will be for the benefit of children and young persons having received a tracheostomy.
- To promote the establishment of new local self help groups.
- To publicise the difficulties children and young persons experience having had a tracheostomy.
- To produce and distribute helpful information and literature to members.
- To promote a greater appreciation within the community of the needs and problems of children with a tracheostomy.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.
Last Updated on Thursday, 31 October 2013 15:04