103 Prince of Wales Road
Helpline: 0845 634 1414 (Monday - Friday 10:30am to 8:30pm, Saturday 1:00pm to 4:30pm)
Youth Helpline: 0845 634 7650 (Monday - Friday 4:30pm to 8:30pm, Saturday 1:00pm to 4:30pm)
Admin: 0300 123 3355
Fax: 01603 664 915
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (General Enquiries)
E-mail: email@example.com (Helpline)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Youth Helpline)
Information and help on all aspects of eating disorders. Previously known as Eating Disorders Association.
- To support people with all forms of eating disorders, including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder and related eating disorders, their families and friends and those offering treatment.
- To change the way everyone thinks and talks about eating disorders.
- To improve the way services and treatment are provided.
- To help anyone believe that their eating disorder can be beaten.
- Challenging the stereotypes and stygma that people with eating disorders face.
- Campaigning for better services and treatment.
- Providing information, support and encouragement to seek treatment and recovery.
Beat offers a range of services which includes:
- A UK wide network of support groups.
- Helpline and support service for young people (up to 18 years of age).
- National helpline.
- A comprehensive range of information.
- Lists of treatments available in local areas.
- Annual conference for members to learn about the latest developments.
- Telephone counselling programme for people with bulimia.
- Training for professionals in health, education and social care.
- Service Specifications guidelines for the treatment of anorexia and bulimia nervosa.
- An extensive and informative website.
Membership is free, but donations would be appreciated.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.