British Gas - Home Energy Care Register
House Contact Centre
P.O. Box 50
Tel: 0800 072 8625
Text: 18001 0845 955 5502
The Home Energy Care Register is a priority service register for all British Gas gas and/or electricity customers who are elderly, disabled or chronically ill.
Benefits of registering with this service are:
- Password scheme for added security- only genuine British Gas representatives visiting your home will be able to identify themselves with this pre-arranged password.
- Specially designed appliance controls and adaptors - for customers with dexterity or visual impairment.
- Advice booklets - these are available in a specified alternative format such as large print, Braille or cassette.
- Talking Bill Service; enlarged bills; Braille bills - if you receive your bill in an alternative format such as large print or Braille, you will also receive a quarterly tape - 'Newslink' - providing information on the products and services offered to British Gas customers.
- Free yearly gas safety check - by request, if you are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and you live alone or with other people, all of whom are also of pensionable age, disabled, chronically sick or under 18 years of age.
- Moving your gas and/or electricity meters - if their position makes them difficult to use.
- Priority attention for any general enquiries - quick response to any concerns you may have about your gas and/or electricity supplies.
- Priority in case of emergencies/notification of gas escapes and electricity supply interruptions.
- The Nominee Scheme - your gas and/or electricity bills can be sent to a nominated person of your choice.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.