4 St Chads Street
Tel: 0161 832 9757
Assist UK leads a UK wide network of locally-situated Disabled Living Centres. Each Centre includes a permanent exhibition of products and equipment that provide people with opportunities to see and try products and equipment and obtain information and advice from professional staff about what might suit them best.
- Provides a range of consultancy services to organisations wishing to set up centres.
- Ensures that all local DLC's have a range of products and equipment in order to help with the task of daily living for disabled people.
- Provides a forum for consultation, co-operation and debate both amongst members and with other Voluntary Organisations, Statutory Authorities and Central Government Departments.
- Represents the views of its members at a national level.
- Advises and informs members about relevant or national issues.
- Provides training for members and others as appropriate
Approximately 60 centres nation-wide.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.