Disabled Parents Network (DPN)
Tel: 0300 3300 639
DPN is the national user led organisation that provides information, advice and support to parents and parents to be, who are or have become, disabled or experience a long term health challenge or condition, their families, friends and those working with them. We help disabled parent families to access appropriate support and to grow in knowledge and self confidence.
Our vision is of a society in which people with a disability or long-term health challenge can freely aspire to be parents and enjoy a full and rewarding family life with their parents and children. In disabled parent families, children are free to enjoy their childhood. Health, social care and education services are easy to access and disabled parent families routinely receive the support they need.
- Support Service - if you have a question or need some support you can contact our support service by phone or email. Our confidential service provides, information, support and advice to parents and parent to be with a disability or long term health condition, their friends, families, supporters and professionals working with them. Messages can also be left on the answerphone.
- Advocacy Service - We are working closely with Birmingham's Disability Resource Centre to provide an advocacy service to disabled parents in the Birmingham area.
- Peer Support Register - It can be very helpful to have another parent to turn to for friendly, informal support and advice. We can put you in touch with disabled parents who have a similar disability, or live in a similar part of the country. Please note you need to be a member of DPN to use this register.
- Online Forum - Many disabled parents are also active and happy to share ideas/offer support through our online forum. This is free to join and gives an opportunity to share ideas or offer support.
- Local Network Links - These are disabled parents who are actively involve in peer support and influencing services on a local basis.Campaigns and networks to improve services and support for disabled people in pregnancy and parenthood.
- DPN has a variety or resources that may be of use. All our materials are free to disabled parents.
Contact for details.
Enquire for details.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.