8 Merus Court
Meridian Business Park
Tel: 0116 261 1322
Fax: 0116 261 1323
Flyability is the Disability Initiative of the British Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association. The BHPA is the UK governing body of the sport of hang gliding and paragliding.
- To promote and provide opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the sport of hang gliding, paragliding and other related forms of flight.
- To motivate people with disabilities to become involved in the sport of hang gliding and paragliding and to train as pilots.
- To encourage people with disabilities to train at the BHPA registered school of their choice - alongside able-bodied student pilots (where possible).
- To change peoples' perception of disability and their attitudes towards people with disabilities. Disability awareness, education and advice play key roles in Flyability's aims and objectives, as does the development of specialist equipment, training and flying techniques.
- To promote and fund tandem flying for people with disabilities who may be unable to fly alone.
- Provides hang gliding and paragliding related disability information to 'ALL'.
- Gives flying related disability specific advice to people involved in the sport, newcomers and interested parties.
- Provides disability awareness training for BHPA staff, instructors, coaches and pilots.
- Funds tandem hang glider and para-glider 'air experience flights' for people with disabilities.
- Funds Hang Gliding and Paragliding Student Pilot Scholarships for people with disabilities.
- Supports and encourages the purchase and use of tandem gliders by BHPA pilots, schools and clubs.
- Funds and supports the development of specialist flying equipment.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.