Forum of Mobility Centres
c/o Providence Chapel
Helpline: 0800 559 3636
The Forum of Mobility Centres is a network of independent organisations who offer professional high quality information, advice and assessment to individuals whose condition may affect their ability to drive, access or egress a motor vehicle.
- You can attend which ever centre is the most convenient for you.
- All centres offer advice and assessment to people who wish to begin, or return to driving following an illness, injury or accident.
- They also offer advice with regard to getting in and out of a vehicle and with regard to loading and transporting a wheelchair or a scooter in a motor vehicle.
- Some centres also offer assessment and advice with regard to wheelchair or scooter selection.
- Generally, advice is confined to cars rather than motorcycles or heavy goods vehicles.
Who do they offer advice and assessment to?
- Older people.
- People with a medical condition that impacts upon their ability to make appropriate decisions with regard to safe driving.
- People with a disability who think they may need special modifications to a motor vehicle in order to be able to control it safely.
- Carers who need to transport individuals with restricted mobility in a motor vehicle.
What do they offer?
Assessment and advice:
- On adaptations to overcome physical problems with vehicle control.
- With regard to your ability to drive safely.
- On wheelchair and scooter loading and transportation.
- On wheelchair selection (some centres).
- Regarding passenger/driver access to vehicles.
- On motorcycles or heavy goods vehicles (some centres).
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.