Huntingtons Disease Association
Liverpool Science Park
Innovation Centre 1
131 Mount Pleasant
Tel: 0151 298 3298
Fax: 0151 298 9440
Support group for anyone with Huntingtons Disease, their families and carers.
- To support families affected by Huntingtons Disease.
- To promote research, relief and treatment.
- To disseminate knowledge about the disease.
- To provide information, comfort and support (including financial support where appropriate) to families and their associated professionals.
- Provides information and advice to families, friends and health care professionals whose task it is to support Huntingtons Disease families in the UK.
- Research programme, which promotes and funds both medical and social research.
- Operates a Central Care Information, Advice and Support Service.
Also operates a Regional Care Advisory Service, these consist of teams of Regional Care Advisers who:
- Provide information and advice to families.
- Answer crisis calls and liaise with other professional service providers.
- Promote and develop a full range of local services.
- Identify suitable respite and residential care facilities.
- Liaise with local branches and self-help groups.
- Give talks and organise seminars and training days.
- Provide speakers for training sessions.
- Provide workshops for service providers and users such as health, social services, nursing homes and residential care staff teams.
Informal local groups where families mix socially, provide mutual support and form local links with professionals and other groups in the community.
Membership is free.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.