BCM Box OUTSIDERS
Helpline: 020 7354 8291 (Thursdays 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
Helpline: 0707 499 3527 (Sex and disability 11:00 am - 7:00 pm weekdays).
Self-help group for people who have become socially isolated.
Outsiders has now taken over some of the roles of SPOD (Association to Aid Sexual & Personal Relationships of People with Disabilities) which has now closed including its helpline, but they are not providing a continuation of the service.
- To promote integration between disabled and able-bodied people.
- To encourage contact and friendship between people who feel alienated from society because of physical or social disability, mental illness or sexual orientation.
- To reach more isolated and disabled people.
- To give encouragement to Outsiders members.
- To campaign for disabled people's rights to privacy and a satisfying personal life.
- To educate the public.
- To promote their aims.
- Support by telephone and letter.
- Confidential list of members.
- Personal communications and recommendations.
- Free forwarding service.
- Library-by-post service.
- Providing regular mailings.
- Providing unthreatening events where people meet up and practice socialising.
All services covered by membership fee, except parties and postal library (refund of postage requested).
For details contact the organisation.
For details and current membership fees contact the organisation.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.