Pernicious Anaemia Society
Tel: 01656 769 717
Pernicious Anaemia is a condition where the auto-immune system produces antibodies that prevent the sufferer absorbing B12. In these people, simply taking B12 pills doesn't work.
- To promote and protect the physical and mental health of sufferers of Pernicious Anaemia through the provision of support, education and practical advice.
- To advance the education of the general public in all areas relating to Pernicious Anaemia.
- To promote research into the causes and treatment of Pernicious Anaemia and into the implication of Pernicious Anaemia on other medical conditions for the public benefit.
- The Society operates on a volunteer basis. It has no full time staff members, and is run entirely by sufferers of Pernicious Anaemia.
- The Society meets on a 2-3 month basis to discuss fund-raising tactics and other issues. They are happy to invite other sufferers to these sessions.
Membership costs £20 for life.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.