56 - 60 Hallam Street
Helpline: 0845 303 0900
Tel: 020 7268 0200 (Switchboard)
Fax: 020 7268 0210
Support and information for people affected by crime.
- To provide support and assistance to victims and witnesses of crime, their relatives and friends through all appropriate means.
- To raise awareness and recognition of the effects of crime by research into relevant issues and to disseminate the results of research.
- Victim Supportline a lo-call telephone number providing emotional support and practical information for anyone who has suffered the effects of crime, regardless of whether the crime has been reported.
- Trained staff and volunteers based in local schemes provide emotional support, information and practical help to people who have suffered crimes ranging from burglary to the murder of a relative.
- Witness Service based in Magistrates Crown Courts throughout England and Wales, offering emotional support and practical information about court proceedings.
- Campaigning for the acknowledgement of Victims' Rights in all aspects of the criminal justice system and social policy.
- Raising awareness of the effects of crime.
The staff and volunteers of the Victim Supportline can put people in touch with local Victim Support services.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.