Tel: 0800 377 7070
FirstStop Advice is an independent, free service offering advice and information for older people, their families and carers about housing and care options in later life. It is led by the charity Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC)working in partnership with other national and local organisations.
- FirstStop aims to promote independence, dignity and choice for older people in meeting their care and housing needs, whether this is by providing advice and information for older people directly or by making available the right information for carers and families at the right time at the click of a button or over the phone.
- FirstStop aims to enable older people to live healthily, safely and independently for as long as possible by providing all the advice and information needed to choose the right environment and the right support.
- Searchable databases of local services and resources.
- Housing and care home searches and resources.
- A freephone advice service.
- Personalised housing options reports provided as appropriate.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.