Association of Sign Language Interpreters
South Fifth Street
Tel: 0871 474 0522
Fax: 01908 325 259
ASLI is the professional association and support network for British Sign Language (BSL) interpreters in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Their membership includes those who work as interpreters and deaf and hearing people who support their aims.
- To encourage good practice in sign language interpreting.
- To represent the interests and views of BSL interpreters and the interpreting profession in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Publish a membership magazine called Newsli. it is produced quarterly and is a magazine for the profession.
- Issue Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) as a membership benefit to Full and Associate Members.
- Hold regular national and regional meetings to enable all members to get involved. These include training sessions, discussions on the development of the interpreting professions and on ASLI policy.
- Sit on various committees connected with BSL interpreting to represent the views of our members.
- Foster links with sign language interpreters in other countries.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.