Title of Role: Volunteer Information Assistant
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the role is to assist the Information Officer in the maintenance of DIAL Doncaster's Information Systems.
These mainly comprise of:
- A Computer based Information Data Base System that lists relevant National and Local organisations.
- An Extensive Filing/Computer based Library of Publications.
- In-house produced Factsheets relating to disability.
- In-house produced Information Booklets/Leaflets relating to disability.
- The DIAL Website and Information Kiosks.
Main Activities and Tasks:
- To assist in maintaining and updating information where relevant.
- This process involves sending update requests to local and national organisations via post or email.
- To update incoming input forms onto the computer based Information Data Base.
- To update/replenish stocks of publications where necessary and to file incoming new editions using the computer based Publications Library.
- Photocopying, telephone and letter typing skills may be required from time to time.
As most of our Information Systems are computer based, computer skills/experience is essential to fulfil this role. As inputting information needs to be word perfect you would need to demonstrate a good use of grammar.
Full in-house training given. External training may be sought where appropriate.
DIAL Doncaster, Unit 9, Shaw Wood Business Park, Shaw Wood Way, Doncaster,
Main point of Contact
Louise Charnock, Information Officer