Title of Role: Volunteer Receptionist
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to provide a welcoming and accessible environment to all visitors to DIAL Doncaster.
- To welcome visitors to DIAL Doncaster.
- To refer the visitor to the appropriate member of staff.
- Inform staff that a client is waiting.
- To take written details of client if a member of staff is unavailable, and pass on enquiry where appropriate.
- Ensure that the visitor can find leaflets/information they need easily.
- To input incoming/outgoing mail onto the Redial Database.
- To process the outgoing mail using the Postal Procedure.
- To provide administrative support, on occasion.
Good communication and customer service skills are essential to fulfil this role. Understanding the need for confidentiality, when dealing with visitors' enquiries, is an essential part of this role. Having the ability to respond appropriately to different situations is required. Computer skills/experience is necessary as the postal procedure and administration is computer based.
Full in-house training will be given. External training may be sought where appropriate.
DIAL Doncaster, Unit 9, Shaw Wood Business Park, Shaw Wood Way, Doncaster,
Main Point of Contact
Mick Talbot, Helpline Manager/Office Manager