Counsel And Care
Independent Age is a unique growing charity, providing information, advice and support for thousands of older people across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. It has recently merged with two other older people's charities, Counsel and Care and Universal Beneficent Society; to provide a broader range of services than any of the charities could provide separately. The merged charity provides a national information and advice service for older people, their families and their carers.
- To provide social care, including care at home, in hospital and residential care.
- Welfare Benefits.
- Befriending services and other social support.
This is integrated with local support, including:
- Practical help with forms, assessments and other issues.
- One-to-one and group befriending schemes.
We use the knowledge we gain from providing our services to help influence policy and practice.
- The Counsel and Care advice and information service offers expert independent, personalised information and support by phone and email to 3,500 older people, their families and carers each year.
- Our information booklet, WISE GUIDE, provides expert advice about claiming benefits and other services and is drawn from our in-house depth experience of helping thousands of older people across the UK.
- Telephone Helpline - giving free advice and inforamtion to older people, their relatives and carers.
- One-to-one volunteer befriending provides regular face-to-face or telephone support to those in greatest isolation, helpline sustain and build their social networks.
- Live Wires, our telephone friendship service, allows isolated older people to have a facilitated, regular group discussion about a common interest.
- Free guides and factsheets on a broad range of community care issues.
- Social activity groups bring people together in an activity of their choice, supported by a volunteer organiser.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.