Title of Role: Volunteer Welfare Benefits Administration Assistant
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to the Welfare Benefits Administration Team by maintaining accurate case files, follow up work and general administrative tasks.
- To input accurate data into case files on our Case Management System.
- Contact clients where requested to determine outcome of their claim for benefits.
- To file paper case sheets in an organised manner.
- To undertake other various administrative tasks where required, e.g. photocopying, filing, archiving, letter typing, outgoing postal procedure.
- To provide reception support, if necessary.
Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with clients on the telephone, are essential to fulfil this role. The ability to work as part of a team, as well as unsupervised, in an office environment is beneficial. Office experience is desirable but not essential. A good level of computer skills is required as our Case Management System is computer based. Understanding the need for confidentiality, when dealing with case files, is an essential part of this role.
Full in-house training will be given. External training may be sought where appropriate.
DIAL Doncaster, Unit 9, Shaw Wood Business Park, Shaw Wood Way, Doncaster,
Main Point of Contact