Title of Role: Volunteer Helpline Adviser
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the Helpline Team by taking calls and answering enquiries from DIAL Doncaster's Helpline.
- To provide support to the Helpline Team by answering calls from clients via our Helpline Service.
- To actively listen and respond to clients in a polite manner.
- To maintain accurate records using our Redial Case Management System.
- To provide accurate information to callers using the information database and other resources available.
- Ensure that the client can access information easily.
- To complete any follow up work where appropriate.
- To arrange appointments for benefits advice at outreach surgeries using the diary.
- To refer clients on to the appropriate team for further help or support.
- To provide administrative support where appropriate.
Good communication and listening skills are essential to fulfil this role. Understanding the need for confidentiality, when dealing with a caller's enquiry, is an essential part of this role. Having the ability to respond appropriately to different situations is required. Computer skills/experience is necessary as the Case Management/Information System is computer based. A good knowledge of disability issues is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
Full in-house training will be given. External training, such as, 'An Overview of Welfare Benefits' (a three day course), is appropriate to undertake for this role, as well as telephone skills and advice giving skills training where necessary.
DIAL Doncaster, Woodbury Court, Woodfield Park, Balby, Doncaster, DN4 8QN
Main Point of Contact
Mick Talbot, Helpline Manager/Office Manager