Title of Role: Volunteer Charity Shop Assistant
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to assist in the day to day running of the DIAL Doncaster charity shop to maximise sales and profitability.
Main Activities/ Tasks:
- To assist and serve customers, providing a service of the highest standard.
- To assist with processing stock, including sorting, steaming, pricing and hanging of donated items.
- To be involved with the till operation and the handling of cash (although this is not a necessary requirement).
- To promote public understanding of the work DIAL Doncaster delivers and the importance of raising funds through the shop.
- To promote and apply DIAL Doncaster's Health and Safety Policy.
Good communication and customer care service skills are essential to fulfil this role. Being able to work as part of a team environment and with the general public is essential.
Full in-house training will be given of operational procedures during your Induction Period.
DIAL Doncaster Charity Shop. There are four shops situated in Armthorpe, Intake, Balby and Woodlands.
Main Point of Contact
Charity Shop Manager